Zulu Article | UCele uthi bazoboshwa abasebenzi bakahulumeni abazobanjwa benza inkohlakalo
UCele uthi bazoboshwa abasebenzi bakahulumeni abazobanjwa benza inkohlakalo Cele says they will be imprisoned, the workers of the government who will be caught doing something immoral
New Words / Phrases
- banjwa - be caught
- memezela - announce (like vuvuzela)
- usememezele - has given instruction
- (se - can mean has, like has died)
- abatholakala - that have been found
- sabalala - spread (as in gossip)
- gcoba - apply
- kade - when (like as, not the question “when”)
- chaza - explain
- emithonjeni - same as emithombeni which umthombo (so)
- umthombo - source (like a source of information or of a river)
- sola - suspect
- ongumkhulumeli - that who is a speaker (umkhulumeli - speaker)
- ngokunikezwa - of being given
- umyeni - husband
- mayelana - regarding
- inkohlakalo - corruption / doing something immoral
- kuhlomula - being rewarded with / having gotten
- ngokungemthetho - that is not legal
- umthetho - rule / law / polcy
- imithetho - plural
- ethinta - relating to
- izinsiza - the assistances
- zokuzivikela - of the protection
- phenyo - investigation
- olwenziwayo - that is being done (see the word “enza” in there)
- kanjena - like this
- kanjalo - like that
- ngima ngomumo - I’m ready
- noma - whethere (you’re used to this word meaning “or”, but can mean weather)
- umniningwane - information
- ezizinothisa - gaining wealtth
- ukunotha - to get wealthy
- ukuceba - more colloquial to say get wealthy / fat
- isisabalele - have spread (reports, imibiko from previous)
- isifundazwe - province
- abakhokhi - payers
- intela - tax
- kusanda - recently
- kumiswa - stopped
- misa = ima: stop
- zoMyango - Depratment
- khwabanisa - fraud
- lokwenza - in doing
- amaqekelo - resources
- fazane - female /woman
- umkhonyovu - scandal / scam/ fraudulent thing
- Undunankulu - premier
- amacala - cases
- icala - case
- okwakuzosetshenziselwa - that which were going to be used for
- umphakathi - community
- ohlwempu - poor
- umphakathi ohlwempu - poor community
- gxeka - criticize
- utshwala - alcohol
- ukumiswa - the stopping
- kwako - of it
- dayisa / thengisa - sell
- budedengu - recklessly
- intatha - early morning
- buyancipha - it decreases
- ncipha - decreases
- Nobelelesi - criminal activity
- ngiyancipha - i am decreasing (losing weight)
- bungekho - it isn’t available
He said this while explaining reports spread in new sources suspecting (it, the reports were suspecting) the speaker of the president, CR, Khusela Diko of being given a tender with her husband of R125 regarding with coivd assistance.
(echaza - like a locative, like, at the time he was explaining - “during At the explaining”)
Le mibiko iphinde isole - these reports “at the same time” suspect (could also say le mibiko ifuthi isole)
Kunophenyo olwenziwayo, uma kukhona abathintekayo ngokungenzi kahle, bazoboshwa. THere is an investiagtion being done if there are people found to be affected (by this investigation) for not doing well, they will be arrested.
ngokungenzi -> ngo - by, enza - do, enzi - negative, also the (NG) part to make negative
bame ngomumo -> they’re ready ukuma ngomumo -> the act of being ready / readiness ngima ngomumo -> I’m ready
izinto zime ngomumo -> things ready/in order
investigators must ready themselves in order to investigate whatever info they get regarding corruption
ezifundazweni eziningi kuleli - in the many provinces of the country
ezithinteka (affected) ekukhwabaniseni (fraud/corruption)
ayezothunyelwa - root word is thuma, aye - object concord for ama
in kzn, recently were stopped heads of department of fraudlent tender of 129million for doing of sending resources to female students in schools
ekutheni budayiswe… bit of a funny sentence “the stopping of selling of alcohol”
bafa , should be bashona
“many people have died in the early hours after drinking alcohol”
New Concept - “se”
You’re used to seeing this word as the locative buffer: ngisekhaya (I’m at home). Can also be used in conjunction with “still” - I’m still at home - ngisasekhaya.
(se - can mean has, like has died)
usedlile - he has eaten
useshonile - he has died
- Workers of the government who will be caught doing something immoral will be imprisoned
- Nkk Diko was given a tender with her husband of R125 million
- These reports were spread in the news
- Workers of the government found doing immoral activities will be impisoned
- Cele said this during the time (when) he explained in the reports
- These reports say what uNkk Diko did
- Abasebenzi bahulumeni abazobanjwa benza inkohlakalo bazoboshwa.
- Nkk Diko ubenikwe nomyeni wakhe ithenda kaR125 Million
- Le mibiko isabalale kwizindaba
- Abasebenzi bakahulumeni abatholakala benza inkohlakalo bazoboshwa
- uCele usho lokhu ngesikhati echaza ngemibiko
- Lemibiko ithi wenzeni uNkk Diko
Questions and Answers
- Who is the minister of Police?
- What is Cele the minister of?
- What has Cele announced?
- Who will be imprisoned? (Who is it that will be imprisoned)
- Who is the speaker of the president?
- Who is the head of the department?
- Where are these reports? These reports are in the news
- These reports suspect who?
- Ubani ungqongqoshe wamaPhoyisa?
- u-Cele ungqongqoshe wani?
- u-Cele usememezele yini?
- Obani abazoboshwa?
- Ubani ongumkhulumeni waMongameli?
- Ubani oyisikhulu somyango?
- Iphi lemibiko? Lemibiko ezindabeni / kwizindaba
- Lemibiko isola ubani?
Looking at translation number 5 above, the same past tense pattern can be seen here:
He did this while he walked his dog (past tense) wenze lokhu ngesikhati ehamba nenja
He does this while walking his dog (present tense) wenza lokhu ngesikhati uhamba nenja